Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happiness First

The Moment
Brought to You by the Church of Happy Thoughts
a reminder.


So.  This morning, it was raining, and I was thinking about how wet I'm going to get by the time I walk 5 avenues and 3 blocks.  It might have been nice to remember an umbrella.  I'm on 13th street, between 5th and University when I start to breathe.  In 1,2,3, out, 4,5,6,7 and I look across the street to this great little ivy covered building.  I've probably walked by it dozens of times, not noticing how much I like it.  It's the Croque Monsieur, one of a million little restaurants in New York, inviting and simple, a chalkboard on the sidewalk with a few ideas for breakfast.  Belgian waffles.  That's a happy thought.  However, I'm on my way to the 14th Street Bagel Cafe, open 24 hours, (in case it's 2:00 a.m. and you're in new york, and feel like a bagel.)   One thing I've learned since I've started writing this blog is that I eat a lot of bagels.  Good thing I ususally walk there.





Actually.  To tell you the truth.  The rest of the day wasn't all that happy.  Unril much later, almost midnight, when I realized that all was well.


Since it may be true that

 form follows thought,

I'll just leave it at that.  But, I did, several times today, start to breathe in, 1,2,3 and out, 4,5,6,7
pause,
breathe in and out again,
And remember that right this moment,
I have everything I need.



The top picture reminds me that everything is swirling, true, but in its own beautiful and perfect way.
And the Croque Monsieur reminds me that there are Belgian waffles across the street,
in a sweet, old building,
somewhere in the middle of the block.

A simple possibility.

I'm not saying that there are not  those days that a thought of a Belgian waffle, in a quaint restaurant, can POSSIBLY touch the pain that we feel.

But the above photo doesn't seem like a possibility either, and it is.


So, maybe the possibility there is something you like, in your experience, right this moment, no matter how impossible it seems,  might just help.

At the very least, it couldn't hurt.



Julie.












 







No comments:

Post a Comment