Thursday, November 22, 2012

take beauty, for example, a marvelous idea

Thanksgiving day 2012
Happy and Grateful for Things, Yes...But how about Happy and Grateful for Ideas...
Take Beauty, for example

Sun's Path at Winter Solstice
and this
in the wndow of a frame shop on 6th Avenue at 11th street

And this
The Crystal Ball on the Windowsill with the sun this morning,
Now there's a beautiful idea:
all the spectacular magic growing in the dark somewhere in the planet..
the unseen beauty that is ours right this moment,
no
matter
what.
That's something to be happy about.

While we are at it:


beautiful, beautiful, beautiful




And, of course,


from Emoto's Messages from Water,
what gratitude looks like.

again, I say, Beautiful.


I have often thought that beauty is actually a dimension.. if a dimension is a place.. An unexplainable place where we unexplainably meet..  If we are in a concert, hearing Pachelbel's Canon in D, one of my all time favorites, and we are all at the same time loving it, feeling it, transported by it... At that moment it seems to me we are not only in the concert hall together, we are in some other unexplainable place as well.   Back in about 1997  I tried to read the book Hyperspace, An Odyssey
Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps and the 10th Dimension, by Michio Kaku.   
Don't ask. 
Actually, I learned alot about the first, second and third dimension..  How as "flatlanders", like gingerbread men (and women) (!) on a table surrounded by a short, stone wall.  We could slide around on the table, one dimensionally.. side to side,   north south east and west..  but, up and down where not an option yet.  Until it occurred to someone to sit up, then stand up and step over the wall, the universe was limited to sliding around on the table like  checkers .Bumping into the stone walls.  So. a consciousness shift.  Standing up made the idea that we could explore side to side AND up.

Imagine everyone's surprise to first grasp the idea that the world was round, not flat. Up AND DOWN?  Although, I have to guess that it was an idea whose time had come.  The man who is credited with inventing television said he didn't invent television;   television was an idea whose time had come.    So, when I got to the chapter on the 4th dimension.. I could feel it.. it was something like outside in at the same time as inside out...  . I THINK that's what was being presented..but, I didn't really finish that chapter.  And I certainly could not even imagine 6 more.  
  

I prefer to think about stepping into the ideas of beauty and telepathy as dimensions whose time has come..   It happened to me just tonight.  I thought of someone today that I haven't seen, or, actually, thought about in a couple years.  Out of the blue, he texted me a happy thanksgiving thought. This is happening more and more to everyone.  I have been known to send a word to someone telepathically..and then wait for them to say it. I send weird words, like walrus, and, it works. 

Ok. what does this have to do with the diea of beauty?  absolutely nothing. 

But, it has to do with being thankful for IDEAS...   that we HAVE right this moment. We don't have to wait or save up to have them.   Any idea.  Freedom. The fragrance of a rose, the first day of summer vacation in 3rd grade, a mustard seed.

And there is the idea of thinking a thought.  the choices.   The unexplainable connection,  The 100th montkey rule..  I love the idea that right this moment thousands of others may be thinking the exact same thought, or humming the exact same song, or marveling at something beautiful.

Ok.  Now I've rambled on about things everybody knows..but, that's a lovely thought., and nice to remember sometimes. 


Emoto, Messages from Water:
Angel.


Happy Thanksgiving,

Julie



















2 comments:

  1. Hi.. a message from Julie at the Church of Happy Thoughts...
    There has been some question about how to leave comments.. and I would love to get them! I switched to One Post Per Page...AND, if you click the link at the bottom of the post that says "no comments" you should magically get this comment box. Looking forward to hearing from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woops... now it says "1 comment" at the bottom of the post instead of no comments... SO, just click whatever is below the post that says something about commenting.. This is in fact a happy thought, at this moment, that I now have a comment box! Julie

    ReplyDelete