Sunday, December 9, 2012

"this is not philosophy, this is physics." Einstein

The Church of Happy Thoughts just published a nasa photo of earth just for fun....If you click on the photo again, it gets huge...and, really much more fun.   The planet earth.  What a happy thought.


Lighthearted.

The ancient Egyptian myth of Isis, the goddess of love, life, healing and, oddly, the underworld, came to mind a couple weeks ago and I drew this little picture.  Turns out, she and her husband/brother Osiris ruled the underworld together, after she magically, of course, healed him...no small thing as their OTHER brother, Set, married to their OTHER sister, Nephthys, not only murdered him, after tricking him into getting into a chest to see if he could fit (first major mistake.. you NEVER get into a chest to see if you can fit.), he (Set) knew that Isis would find him (Osiris) and bring him back to life, SO, he tried to make that really difficult by cutting him up into pieces and casting them all over the earth.  But, like I said, Isis managed to gather him together and restore him to life.
I'm not exactly sure how they became king and queen of the underworld.
Doesn't matter.
I don't even remember WHY Set wanted Osiris dead, some kind of sibling rivalry no doubt.

Doesn't matter.
The point is, Isis was a little like Peter at the Gate.  A soul arrived with heart in hand, evidently, and the heart was placed on a very sensitive and accurate scale.  The scale spanned an abyss in which there lived a heart-eating monster. 

On one side of the scale was placed the heart, on the other tray of the balance was a single feather.

Well, you can imagine what happens if the heart is NOT lighter than the feather.  Down it goes to the heart-eating monster below.  And, I guess it's pretty much over for that soul.  Since they are already in the underworld, I'm not sure what happens next.

Doesn't matter.
IF the heart is LIGHTER than the feather, the soul is ushered into paradise.

So, what's my point.
The last few days I've been having a bit of a hard time seeing the things around me and having it matter that much.
I mean, I LIKE them,
Like THIS place I stopped into for THIS amazing breakfast... I mean amazing... for under $10..
there's a happy thought
Steak and egg Pita, from Taboonette, 13th street between 5th and University,

they do take out

and the breathing definitely helps, but, for Life this moment, and all the wild possibilities,

It is important that my soul is ushered into paradise this moment. Now.
That's what's important.
To know, for sure, without a shadow of a doubt that this is true:


he said so:


I'm not making this up.

So. A light heart.  This moment.  Whatever that means to me this moment. As usual, it is letting go the thoughts that weigh me down.  They are only thoughts, after all. 

And finding something, in this moment, that I feel, or see, hear, taste or touch; remember, draw, or know that I have, that makes me happy.
All the rest will fall into place.



Julie



ps:  you will be happy to know that after Nephthys found out what Set did to Osiris, she never spoke to him again.
















                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment