Saturday, August 9, 2014

the sky is falling

 

The One Truly Unorganized Church
 

The Church of Happy Thoughts

tomorrow

 
I have heard too many times that tomorrow never comes.   I think tomorrow definitely comes.. she just changes and becomes today... but it's just a matter of semantics.  Let's not get rid of the idea of tomorrow, it may be our only connection collectively in this "modern" world with the cosmos.  Everybody believes in tomorrow and thinks about it, plans for it, (some do), trusts it, ignores it and it still happens. 
 
That doesn't diminish the truth about the present moment at all, it just acknowledges that the world is bigger than us... than the planet earth.  Even we are subject as a whole entity to something we have yet to change:   Morning. 

Hallelujah for that.
 
 
So this morning,

today

I thanked a friend for calling me yesterday when I texted her to say the sky is falling.  please call me.  I had begun telling her there appeared to be a monumental disappointment happening in my daughter's family...and it was breaking my heart.   She called and said, "Wait a minute.  Is YOUR sky falling or is THEIRS?"  Well, mine because I feel so helpless.  I hate that. 
 
"Is this your fault, your doing or your responsibility?" 
 Well, no.
"ok.  go on."
 
So, this morning, I thanked her for reminding me that MY sky wasn't falling.  And, actually, turns out, theirs wasn't either.
 
And then I was reminded that my sky has fallen many many times, and will again, perhaps. 
But new sky always grows in its place.  Every Time.
 
Another good reason to have tomorrow.
 

yesterday

 
Welcome back to church,
 
Julie

 








2 comments:

  1. This moment...THIS VERY MOMENT is IT!
    It is where we live. Using focus and energy planning tomorrow takes us from dedicating our living moments to being the best in THIS moment. If we could see the future there may be value in planning for it, but...?
    In our current existence, living for the future is but a set up for disappointment and all that it brings. The word "acceptance" comes to mind. Accepting this moment as divinely perfect and given to us in peace. If we know that, we will also know that tomorrow will be perfect as well, so we can simply live right now. After all, a thing is only good if we label it as good, and a thing is bad because we label it bad. When the truth of it comes "there it is" period....If we stand firmly on a foundation of love, understanding, and compassion there is peace. It is when we try to make it this or make it that, or (god forbid) "fix it" is when we are pulled from our center and the spiral begins. Stand in a clearing of love and there can be no disappointment for you will know.
    Like you Julie..Beautiful and perfect..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dallas! thank you..for your words, all of them...the moment IS all there is. Even though we may believe it's a different time in New York than it is in Japan... it is still right now. No one has more than right now. Not Warren Buffett not ANYBODY. This IS it. I get it. Church of Happy thoughts is basically all about it. Accepting, no resistance, as you say IS the freedom, it is peace, and it is perfect. My very favorite Rumi quote is this: "out beyond the ideas of right doing and wrong doing there is a field. I will meet you there. "
      And.
      Also.
      What I was saying about tomorrow was probably in response to a horrifying photo someone sent me on facebook. Rows and rows of children's bodies, all about 4 years old. In my comment to my friend, I said, "which father god is happy about this?" which father god wins? This god is truly bigger better more than the other.
      Don't get me started.
      Lately I've been thinking about the world father god made, and I have been wondering what our experience would be, or would have been, if mother god, the Sophia, had been allowed to participate as also god. Had she not been completely excluded from the belief lexicon, not only excluded but certainly exiled. Named witchcraft. and turned paganism and others to be literally aligned with satanism or worse. You know what I mean. If she had been included, I think there may have been the possibility that we would be more in tune with the cosmos, the seasons, the larger larger picture.
      As a planet populated by humans, Who are basically all the same... bones, blood, hearts, lungs, brains. I have come to think that perhaps the only differences between us stem from our beliefs about god. and who got to be created better, bigger, more.
      Pretty much everyone believes in morning. whether they think about it, plan for it, or care about it. Dawn is a fabulously delicious thing. Collectively as a planet it doesn't matter about god or not god, no one would argue about morning. there would be no good bad right wrong up or down about it.

      No sacrifices no hate no dead children lined up on the pavement, probably, if mother god was god.

      She would remind us the unseen forces of life, she would give us unconditionally all that we need, air, water, love, beauty, inspiration. the wonder of roots and butterflies and all of it.

      I think she might even say, here, believe in this: morning. enjoy and praise the chance, of a new day. One that happens because something far far greater than us is at work constantly. Constantly. Whether we believe or care about it at all.

      She would say here. You have everything everything everything you need.
      This Moment.

      Delete