Thursday, January 31, 2013

Anarchy

                                                                        
The Church of Happy Thoughts
the one truly unorganized church
 
 
On 12/12/12 I was walking along west 12th, coincidentally, and as I started to breathe in and out, 123, 4567, to get myself into the moment,
I noticed this this window box with ivy and twinkly lights.
I really liked it.
Which is my favorite thing about intentionally placing myself smack dab in the middle of the moment. The first thing I notice,  birds, ivy, the wind, a balloon in the air, whatever, is usally something I really like;  because, actually, that is my intention.
 
Obviously,
right next to this box of ivy and twinkly lights I notice the plaque on the wall of the building.  There are tons of these all over new york city..
where Eleanor Roosevelt lived, Aaron Burr's carriage house which is now a FABULOUS restaurant called One if by Land, Two if by Sea...
Oddly, the reference is related to Paul Revere's midnight ride, one lantern on the church signaling the British were coming by land, and two lanterns if by sea..
I don't think Burr or Hamilton, the famous duel some 25 years later, (Burr won), had anything to do with with the lanterns, but, none the less, that's the name of the restaurant.
Anyway,
 
Here is the plaque:
 
 
I can't say this made me "happy" per se,
But, as I am happily a member of the "radical, liberal environmental agenda", I found it at least to be worthy of honor here.
 
Have we come a long way?
 
A few days later, I overheard a father in a coffee shop saying this to his daughter:
",,,that's what separates civilization from anarchy."
I think she was about 7.
 
I'm not sure what he said to her before this,
probably something about rules,
 and it has caused me to think a lot about anarchy and civilization in the last few weeks.
 
Look up anarchy. and see if you think it is so bad.
It's one of those words that has always had a negative connotation out here in the 3rd dimension,
the world,
where things have to work, like time, and calendars and order.
All good.
But,
is it all there is?
 
I don't think so.
 
A topic for another time.
Perhaps many more times.
 
Until then,
find something this very moment,
seen or unseen,
smelled,
tasted,
heard,
that you like
and
be happy.
 
 
 
The wonderful world of Mother Earth.
 
 
 
Julie
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment