Saturday, January 5, 2013

Deleting Today


The Church of Happy Thoughts

I am deleting today.  If he knew me, he would be so happy about it.  I am very happy about it.




In honor of the beginning of a new Age, the Age of Happiness, today I am unsubscribing all automatic emails that I have somehow managed to collect over the years, (literally, I think I have emails that have been coming to me for YEARS, that I have NEVER opened), that do not contribute to my happiness.  And I am not just talking about penis enlargement that do, thankfully, go straight to spam. 

To Begin With.. I am unsubscribing any website that has ever sent "Last Chance" in the subject line.  First of all, that is not in alignment with what I believe, what I know to be true, or want to allow into my experience today. Or ever.  That phrase metaphorically makes me break out in a rash.

It actually has something to do with my ever expanding beliefs about God.

In about 1992 my life was in one of its recurring upheavals.  I've always likened it to the image of the "rug being pulled out".  This was a period of multiple rug removals... business failure, (lawsuit with partner), business failure, (I meant to say that twice), the worst real estate story anyone has ever heard, divorce, you know, the usual.

I was sent a very special friend at that time.  I was pretty convinced I had perhaps committed the unforgivable sin, whatever that is, and that I had run out of chances. I was actually somewhat afraid of God.  That if you break the rules, even unbeknowenstlike, you turn into a pillar of salt.  I didn't know it at the time, but I was ready, really ready, to KNOW what I began to know and know and know again: it is a friendly Universe, that only light streams from the sun, and that THERE IS NO END TO


I remember saying to Jack that I had missed the boat.  He said this to me:  Imagine a  great sea.  Sometimes it is calm, sometimes it is stormy. But every day, no matter what the weather, a man in a little rowboat comes rowing to your shore.  Every day you can choose to get in the boat.  Every day there is a new boat,  no matter what.

That image has saved my life more than a few times.. that and 5 south american roses in my kitchen.  The image of it.  Now, there is always a woman in the boat, too.  And they are having a blast.

Actually, another friend at that same particular time, said this to me:


good advice. very good advice.

(a doodle of a few months ago)
The box says "treasure".

Oddly, many of the sites I am unsubscribing today are "enlightenment" gurus with webinars.  The first one is free, asking provocative questions and it is often fabulous, but, then you need to buy the series for the answers.  Which is fine with me, I love it when we make money with our art, and I never am tempted to buy the series because it is the questions that intrigue me anyway.   Recently I got THIS as a subject line.. " BAD NEWS, Julie."   Then it said something like "last chance. 50% new year discount, ends at midnight."  
Unsubscribe.

But, right NOW, this moment, as I write this,  I find myself breathing in, 1,2,3  and out, 4,5,6,7 pause, breathe in 1,2,3 and out 4,5,6,7... remembering that little boat.  How it felt at the time to hear about  it.  How it feels right now to see it. Today it is a sunny sky, but a choppy harbor, the sun is warm, and the wind is brisk. Invigorating. How I love who is in it now.  The Logos and the Sophia. and me.  We are having a blast.

Happy new moment,
Julie







                                                                                                         
                                                         


                                                                                      






No comments:

Post a Comment