Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's time. How to have a happy thought


How to have a Happy Thought

I became the ordained minister of the church of happy thoughts in 1995.
It is the one truly unorganized church.

All these years, Ive wondered what form this might take.  I've thought about organizing global times when happy thinkers could engage in listening to their favorite song, at the same time, and then spending one exact minute thinking about something that makes you really happy.

I thought, this might help, but at the very least it wouldn't hurt.
It may have been Gandhi who said,
"Try to help the people.  But, if you can't help them, try, at the very least,
not to hurt them."

But, like I said, I am not very organized.

I have noticed lately a lot of happy thinking going on online.  Everyone wants to share their happy thoughts.  I personally love this, because, it is saving our worlds.

Many years ago, I said to a friend, (I remember I was not particularly HAPPY at the time, BUT, I did think/know that I was a person who COULD be happy), that those of us who COULD be happy, MUST be happy. Now. That it might do more to help a hopeless family somewhere, anywhere, if the consciousness is just raised a tiny bit.  One small flicker is sometimes all it takes.

So, in the last several years I've studied, happy thinking. 
I've tried various forms of happy thinking.
At times when finding a happy thought was nearly out of the question.
And I knew I was just conjuring it out of the blue.
I guess that's the point.

I learned I could.
Always.
Find a way to a happy thought.
Even when I needed it the most.

I've learned what it is
and what it isn't.
At least, here at the church of happy thoughts.
Where we worship happiness, and the
possibility of happiness as the way to peace.
It is a new Dharma,
Your way is THE way.

It is all about the moment.
I know.
That overused and often misunderstood word.
But all the sages have said it.
It is everything.

So.
Let's start there.
The moment.
This one, right now,
the only one anyone on the entire planet has.
Nobody has tomorrow yet.
Nobody has the next two minutes, yet.

So, that, right there is, actually, a pretty happy thought.


Tomorrow, when we all get there together, at the same time,
whenever you read this, about about your way
in the moment
to have a happy thought,

We will travel together into the possibility
of true happy thinking.

this will be so much fun.



Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment